Android phones are now so popular and widely used by many people across the globe. Android devices are having much better language handling ability so that it supports most of the written languages in the world. Android has incorporated many language input keyboards in their OS itself hence does not require any special apps for this.
It’s easy to type with multiple languages in Android keyboards if we are doing some setting in the “Language and Input” options. Here we’ll describe the steps you need to take in order to install and change the input language of the keyboard.
Step 1: HOW TO INSTALL A NEW INPUT LANGUAGE FOR THE KEYBOARD
- First open setting panel. From your device’s home screen, open the menu.
- Once inside the menu, navigate to the Settings app and tap on it.
- Scroll down to find the Language & input option and tap on it.
- In Language & Input you will all the language related options of the device. You will be presented with the various language related settings. In the Keyboard & Input Methods, you will find all the keyboard apps installed in the device, together with the preinstalled keyboard (in our case, the AOSP Android Keyboard). All the keyboards available have a Settings icon aligned to the right of the keyboard’s name. Tap on the Settings icon of your keyboard to open its settings.
- When you will open it, the first option you will find is the Input Languages, which have all the keyboard layouts available for the keyboard panel. Tap on it to view them.
- Choose all the layouts that you will need by checking the check mark on the right of the language option. All the checked languages will be available for quick switching while typing with the keyboard panel you chose them for. We choose this language for example.
- After you’ve finished marking all your languages, tap on the Home button at the bottom of the screen to return to the home screen.
Step 2: How To Set A Different Input Language
- Now check that the languages you chose are all there for quick switching. Open an app that requires you to enter text (the SMS app or the Google Keep app, for example) and bring up the keyboard panel by tapping on a text input field.
- Tap and hold the Space-bar key or, alternatively, tap the World sign key to the left of the Space key. You will be presented with a dialog where you can choose the current input language you want to use.
The Space key shows that what language you are currently using for entering text.
That’s it! Now you know how to change your input language on your Android phone or tablet.