Have you (ever) lost your Android smartphone or tablet without having a device tracking app installed? Then you should read this! This could be your chance to get your precious device back.
If you’ve lost your phone it’s not necessarily gone forever. But don’t wait until you lose it to prepare: you’ll need to configure it now to enable you to find a lost Android Phone. Here’s how to set up phone tracking and how to find your phone.
1. Open a web browser from a phone, tablet, or computer.
2. Navigate to Google if it is not your default search engine or home page.
3. Type find my phone android in the Google search bar.
4. Click or Tap on Android Device Manager (usually the first option in the search).
5. Enter your email address and password just as though you were checking your email.
6. When your phone is located, you have three options to choose from:-
- You can Erase your phone data. This is the best option if you know for certain that you aren’t likely to retrieve your phone.
- You can Lock your phone so that the finder can’t access your home screen. This feature is most helpful if your phone wasn’t previously secured with a password or a fingerprint sensor.
- You can Ring your phone so that it makes noise (even if you had it on silent). This feature is helpful if the map indicates that the phone is within earshot and you simply can’t see it.